The Foundation for End of Life Care is a publicly supported charity under section 509 (a)(1), committed to support end of life care, including bereavement services, through financial grants and community education. The Foundation is committed to quality fund management to achieve its philanthropic purpose.
Eligibility for Funding
Any non-profit organization engaged in end-of-life issues, care, services, training and education and is organized under the laws of the State of Alaska is eligible to apply for funding. Funds may be awarded in the form of a direct grant, as matching funds to other funding, or as one-time start-up funding for new services.
The Foundation will not fund:
• Ongoing general operating expenses or existing deficits
• General fund drives, annual appeals, federated campaigns
• Specific individuals
• Fundraising dinners, auctions or similar events
• Publicity and promotional campaigns
• Activities of sectarian or religious organizations whose principle activity is for the benefit of their own members or adherents.
Grant Application Guidelines
Each application must include:
1. Grant Application Cover Sheet.
2. Narrative: No More than 2 pages that include Description of Project, expected results with measurable outcomes, number of persons to be served.
3. Budget: A detailed budget that shows all costs associated with this project and the funding for it. Include a brief narrative describing the budget.
4. Description of applicant organization: Mission, geographic area served, type of service provided by applicant organization, list of current funding sources & amounts, proof of tax-exempt status, and name of executive in charge.
Each successful applicant is required to provide a brief report at the end of project. To make this report meaningful the project outcomes as detailed in the application must be measurable and reported.
Funding is contingent upon availability of funds at the time of application.
The Foundation will acknowledge receipt of an application within 10 working days. The Foundation will notify applicants about grant award or denial within 45 days of receipt of the funding request.
The application form can be downloaded from this link.